Many people like watching video presentations and so here are some Youtube videos that review a PowerPoint presentation on arguments about abortion that was developed for teaching purposes; those slides are below. This is basically a non-argumentative version of much of the discussion of Thinking Critically About Abortion.
Introduction and Defining Abortion:
Question-Begging Arguments about Abortion
Common, "Everyday" Arguments about Abortion:
Arguments that Abortion is Prima Facie Wrong:
Arguments that Abortion is Prima Facie Permissible and Conclusions:
Much of this discussion involves stating arguments in what's called logically valid for, as syllogisms. Here's a video on how to do that:
These slides in PDF.
All other blog posts are available here: here are some of them:
- Is abortion "healthcare"?
- "Fetuses are human beings; all human beings are equal in dignity & worth; so abortion is wrong." Good or bad argument?
- Pro-life virtues and vices? Pro-choice virtues and vices? On sex/gender and arguments
- "Force birther"-ism and Virtue Signaling
- Is the "bodily autonomy" argument for abortion *that* simple?
- Are you part of a cult about abortion, or anything else?
- Trent Horn on "The Problem of Personhood"
- 'Yes, "a person is a person, no matter how small," but . .'
- "If abortion is not wrong, then it's OK to kill sleeping people??!"
- "When does life begin?' and 'Are fetuses human?': Two bad questions to ask about abortion"